Ever experienced sickness and allergies from living in a “sick house” due to air quality issues? Rick Bayless of A Healthier Home is here to help! Learn what defines and causes “sick house syndrome,” and what’s missing from construction and energy guidelines that could result in the illness of those living in the home.
- Reflect on your own health status and needs so you can match these with an ideal home
- Identify health issues that you’ve experienced in the past – even if not evident today
- Learn about hot spots you can watch to ensure that your home’s indoor air quality is safe
- Check key aspects of environmental health and maintenance in existing homes
- Ask an indoor environmental health examiner to guide you toward achieving clean house objectives.
In this podcast, he highlights the plight of Tom, whose indoor allergies had become a serious health problem – so bad, he’d begun searching for another place to live. Tom, found solving his “sick house” problem challenging, whether considering existing or new construction. How will he find a house that’s good for his health? How will we?