A good energy audit is comprehensive. It involves more than checking the windows for drafts.
A comprehensive energy audit includes heating and air conditioning systems, insulation, dehumidifiers, duct work, hot tubs, saunas. The ways that we use these individual parts and pieces within our homes suggest a pattern of energy use which reveal any problems that may exist.
Rick’s energy audits focus on finding the source of trouble in order to save you money on energy costs. The energy audit addresses:
- HVAC factors
- Practical solutions to address the root of problems
- Building science in easy to understand explanations
- Exact locations of the issue points
- Do-it-Yourself fixes
- Optimal renewable energy sources
- Coordination with the right contractors for the job
- How energy needs fit with other home needs
- Any other questions that may arise